Saturday, April 13, 2013

DIY Clothes: Fancy Lace Peplum Tank

I have a presentation this upcoming Wednesday and I wanted to wow the crowd with a professional/fancy piece that I made by myself. If you want a sophisticated look for a night out in town or you just want to wear  something special for an interview, this is IT, a lace peplum tank top! It is super easy to make, so follow these pictures! The instructions for this tutorial are available in my Valentine's peplum dress tutorial, without the skirt of course.


Materials you'll need:
  • About 1/2 a yard of fabric
  • Needle and thread or sewing machine
  • Scissors
  • Chalk
How I did this was directly put one of my shirts on top of the fabric. And cut out a box that was the length of my torso size that I wanted. With the left over, I cut a round circle.



Cut a fourth circle in the middle of circle folded into quarters. Make sure the middle circle fits around your waist.


 Cut the tank the same as one of your own tanks. Skinnier straps in the front and lower neckline for the front. MAKE SURE TO HEM EVERYTHING!

Use needles to secure your shirt while sewing!

Good luck sewing, the more detailed instructions are in my DIY PEPLUM DRESS TUTORIAL! :)

Toodles,
A


1 comment: