Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DIY Clothes: Leather and Lace

Leather and lace, sugar and spice, sometimes you can be as hot as the mean girls, but still be twice as nice!



I am a sucker for this classic trend, mixing hard with soft pieces to form an equilibrium of edge and sweetness. In fact, I'm blogging today wearing one of my favorite outfits! I am currently wearing a cream colored lace top with a camisole underneath, this contributes to the soft part of my outfit. The leather bomber jacket is obviously my edgy piece, I've even added rustic studs to give it that extra dash of glam!


I am currently in the library, so don't mind all the books. I am a girl who loves being trendy, but a girl who also loves to study as well. My overall message I'm trying to convey is, girls... you don't have to change your personality or be mean to be stylish and cool. You can have both the beauty and the brains. So try experimenting some of your darker pieces with your more feminine pieces, mixing and matching things that would not normally go together can do wonders to your wardrobe!

Some other fun combinations could be...
Floral prints + Leather
Lace + Studs
Combat boots + Floral Dress
Black Lace + Rose Pink Accessories

Toodles!

P.S. If you're interested in how I put the the studs on my leather jacket, refer to my previous blog post before this one. The studs are very easy to maneuver and easy to come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment