Friday, February 15, 2013

DIY Makeup: A Makeover Story (Angie)

Ciao, my lovelies! Meet my friend, Angie. She's a graduating senior at the University of the Pacific this Spring. Some things you should know about Angie: She has never worn makeup before, her go-to outfits consist of jeans and t-shirts, and she loves to bake. So that goes without saying, makeup and dresses are all foreign to her. However, Angie will be working soon and in order to be taken more seriously as a bioengineer in industry she wanted to learn how to apply her makeup. (Left-before, Right-after)

 

Angie wanted to learn some quick tips to apply light makeup for work. I believe makeup is a tool to enhance features you already have, not cover up your beautiful face. I also gave her some style tips to accentuate her body type and help her style her hair.


First, I asked her to wash her face. This removes all excess oils on your face that can cause you to look shiny. I also asked her to apply some facial lotion to her face, this will give the makeup a non-resilient surface so the foundation will adhere. Thereafter, I applied foundation to her entire face. I applied eyeshadow to her eyes and even added eyelashes. I contoured her face to enhance her cheekbones, and added some extra blush to her face. I will provide a specific how-to, DIY post soon.

Originally, Angie lays her bangs right across her forehead, which I believe is super adorable and trendy. However, I wanted to give her a sweet look, therefore I parted her bangs to the side. I also curled her hair to add some dimension. 


If you didn't know this, I love Chevron fabric! So after trying out some different dresses, we decided that this dress was best suited for her because it flattered her figure and was appropriate with her makeup and hairstyle. The red belt is the surprise factor from her outfit which makes her outfit interesting. The belt is wrapped around the smallest diameter of her torso, which makes her look itty bitty. (Although she is already itty bitty)

WALLAH, then the makeover is complete! And we like what we see!

If you have to learn anything from this particular post, make sure you've learned this...
  1. You are beautiful, but don't be afraid to enhance your own beautiful features with makeup.
  2. Make sure that the style of your hair, the amount of makeup is on your face, and the style of your attire compliment each other.
  3. Wear a belt around the smallest part of your torso to give the illusion that you are itty bitty.
  4. Use a pop color when you are wearing muted colors like black or white.
I hope this helped you! A big thanks to Angie for being so cooperative! :)

Toodles,

Angelina

No comments:

Post a Comment