Wednesday, February 27, 2013

DIY Clothes: Studded Denim Vest

Hello, everyone!! So you know how I love studs? Here's another DIY tutorial on how to add some studs to pieces you may already have in your closet to give it that extra edge and oomph. It's really easy and a great look for Spring. Also, if you're in love with 80's punk rock, a studded denim vest is a must have! So take out your scissors, studs, more studs, even more studs, and a denim shirt or jacket to create a DIY studded denim vest. Prepare to be amazed by the wonders of studs and a little DIY magic!

Finished DIY Studded Denim Vest I created!

I have a bajillion jean shirts, but zero denim vests, all different shades and all different sizes. I also lack studs on my shirts in general.This one in particular pictured below was actually a jumper that I cut in two. I wore it as a DIY crop denim cover up in the past, but it has been sitting in the back of my closet for quite some time now and I figured I should really do something with it. The sadness when your DIY creations go unnoticed. Hopefully, you'll enjoy making your own punk rock DIY studded denim vest like I did! :)

Crop denim top

  1. Choose a denim shirt, preferably one that you don't wear often. I cut the bottom of my shirt as well, so it actually ends at my torso, so it's more of a DIY crop denim vest.

    Cutting the sleeves off my denim shirt to create a denim vest!

  2. Cut the sleeves off, make sure you don't cut the seems though because if you do, your whole jacket will unravel and your DIY denim vest will look like a DIY denim mess!

    Plain DIY denim vest without any studs
  3. You have a sleeveless denim shirt as of now, also known as a denim vest. Bejewel it with studs and you've got yourself a trendy studded denim vest. You can do it however you like. I liked the idea of adding studs to the shoulder area because it is very eye catching. 
Some potential outfits with this denim vest could be...

- Floral sundress with flats, floral print with studs creates a mixture of hardness and soft, which I really appreciate.
- White tee with patterned short/pants, with some sneakers. Studs and sneakers are a classic match up.
- Black pants and a thermal with some sneakers. Something about denim vests and black that go together well.
- Lace shorts and a simple tee, lace and studs are perfect!

If you have any other ideas, leave a comment with a picture! I'd love to see all the creations you've made with STUDS!

Toodles,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment