Sunday, February 17, 2013

DIY Makeup: My 10 Minute Makeup Routine

News flash, I don't wake up every morning looking like a million bucks. In fact, it takes exactly 30 minutes every morning to change from drab to fab. This includes taking a 15 minute shower, 10 minutes of makeup, and 5 minutes to do my hair. This is a daily routine, so I've gotten it down to a T, but it may take a little longer for you the first time. So follow along with the numerical step to step picture collages!

  1. I've just finished taking a shower. I also applied some lotion to my face to keep my skin hydrated to avoid dry flaky skin.
  2. Time to add foundation! Some girls use mineral makeup, but I've come to really like liquid foundation more because it gives less of a shiny finish.
  3. That's the foundation I've been using for quite some time now, I really like it because it doesn't make me look pasty, but it evens out my skin without making me look cakey. It's about 8 dollars at your local drug store or Target.
  4. I used my fingers to massage the foundation all over my face. As you can see from picture 1 to picture 4, my skin coloration is more even.


  5. Put primer on your eyelid before you put on eyeshadow. If you don't have primer, you can use lotion which works almost as efficiently. Primer helps keep your eyeshadow on your eye for a long duration of time, it also brightens the color of your eyeshadow, like how primer works for painting walls and cars.
  6. I am obsessed with using brown, I choose colors that compliment my skin tone and also doesn't look too over the top. For everyday makeup, I used brown to compliment the features I already have.
  7. I use a matte brown (buck) for my entire eyelid and stop at my crease. I then use a darker shimmery shade (sidecar) for my crease to give an illusion of a deeper crease. Another fun thing I do is add just a hint of gold (half baked) at the center of my eyelid to give it dimension.
  8. To top it all off, I add a very dark brown to outermost part of my lid to give my eyes depth and this actually elongates your eyes. As a final touch, I add a shimmy white/beige to the area above my crease, this gives my eyebrows height and opens up my eyes.


  9. Cream liner is my best friend. I also occasionally use liquid liner or a eyeliner pen, but I really like how dark and defined a cream liner is. I pretty much do a doll/cat eye everyday, I play around with the thickness of my liner, change the length and the direction of the wing every once in awhile to spice things up.
  10. I sometimes use a cream liner first to get the shape I like, and if I really want my liner dark that day, I put an additional liquid liner on top to make it uber extra dark and it also stays on longer throughout the entire day.
  11. Make a fishy face and apply blush on the apples of your cheeks. You might look funny doing this, but this really helps with contouring as well. Where your cheeks sink in, you can add a matte shade of brown to define the lines on your face to enhance your bone structure.
  12. I love lip color, I've been using the same lip color for about 3 years now, it's called A Different Grape. I also don't like overwhelming lips for everyday makeup, so I only apply it to my bottom lip and use my finger to dab it to a matte finish, it looks like you just ate a red popsicle stick look.
On days where you have an extra 2 minutes to spare, you can add false eyelashes. Days where I have presentations, I usually glue some falsies on for that extra pop in my eyes. I also never use the entire eyelash for daytime looks. I usually cut my eyelashes in half and depending on how dramatic I want to look, I choose the inner portion of the eyelash to apply to my outermost edge of my eye or use the outer portion as shown below. I just cut them in half so you have double the uses for your eyelashes and your lashes won't look too too too fake.



Hope you enjoyed my little tutorial. After you get a hang of this DIY makeup, you will be a pro in no time! :) Then I just blow dry my hair and tease it to give it some volume and wallah I'm done! Good luck, fashionistas!

Toodles,
Angelina

No comments:

Post a Comment