Wednesday, February 27, 2013

DIY Clothes: Studded Camo Skirt


So my boyfriend predicted that camo was going to be in this season. He said that camo is timeless and it was making a comeback. Honestly, who says that? However, he is right...

Camo IS in this season. So of course, I had to rummage through my closet and find the one camo thing I had. So girls, if you have any camo pieces from your past, look for them, wear them, they're in AGAIN. Camouflage is supposed to help conceal you on the battleground, but I promise you, you'll definitely stand out in a crowd at school. I added some distressed studs to the pockets of my camo skirt to make it more me and to make it more trendy. You can do this as well. I also ordered some patches from Etsy so I can iron them on the back pockets and on the edge of skirt for that more vintage camo look.


Use a marker to remind yourself where to add the studs!
So camo is a tricky print, what would look good with this print? Well, personally, I'd pair this skirt with a black shirt and a denim jacket with some converse sneakers. I'd also just wear a white tank top with and some sandals. Camo makes a big statement with whatever you wear, therefore I usually keep the  the rest of my outfit subtle. Good luck, fashionistas!

Toodles,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment